Job Title: Media and Graphic Design Intern
Description of Company:
Awaz (meaning voice in Hindi) is a locally owned and operated, Portland sustainable business dedicated to providing high quality, ethically-sourced handcrafted fashions from natural fibers through fair trade business practices.
We believe in an economic model that honors the producer, consumer and the environment with every purchase. Since 2008, we have been trading with in India and Nepal that help to create just livelihoods for workers and improve the lives of women and families in the Global South.
Our unique line of handcrafted fair trade products are made from , and support the preservation of traditional craft work such as , and . We are proud to offer made from 100% Cotton and Hemp for a sustainable lifestyle.
Overview of Internship:
We are looking for an experienced graphic designer to play a key role in elevating AWAZ’s brand presence in printed and online materials. Our sales are growing and we need a strong, consistent brand image to take our company and webstore to the next level and strengthen our market presence for ethical handcrafted products. This internship will provide exposure to a variety of graphic design tasks in a collaborative, innovative work environment with the opportunity to create or expand on a portfolio of finished products. This is a critical, hands-on position in AWAZ’s integrated Marketing and Communications Team, helping to ensure brand integrity and consistency in all published materials. The ideal candidate will work our team to contribute to ideas and develop and implement all areas of media and marketing. Your voice is important!
Design tasks include:
· Enthusiasm and passion for our mission
· A passion for design, and a constant drive to learn
· Ability to provide creative input on product marketing and webstore branding
· Collaborating with photographer
· Excellent time management and communications skills, a collaborative work ethic
· Ability to meet project timelines and juggle multiple tasks
· Ability to work independently, but seek help when needed
· A portfolio of outstanding work
· Solid skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign
· Video editing skills a plus! We are currently creating a series of short Youtube videos to tell our story.
· Creative writing skills a plus!
· Previous webstore and/or retail marketing experience a big plus!
Minimum 15 hours/week or as needed for project deadlines.
Please submit a resume and a PDF of design samples, or supply a link to your online portfolio, to the attention of Sarah Mitts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a brief letter of interest and why this position is perfect for you.
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Salary: We are looking for a person to fill this role on a long term, paid basis. Reliable, successful candidates will be given $100 monthly stipend during initial stage and travel reimbursement. This will be revisited as candidate proves their work and commitment. Can be negotiated depending upon experience.